Born in Ulm, Württemberg, Germany in 1879, Albert Einstein developed the special and general theories of relativity. In 1921, he won the Nobel Prize for physics for his explanation of the photoelectric effect. Einstein is generally considered the most influential physicist of the 20th century. He died on April 18, 1955, in Princeton, New Jersey.
bio from “http://www.biography.com”
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
- When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That’s relativity.
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.